Monday, January 15, 2018

Hanging It Up



I believe all writing is a combination of remembering and research.  Unfortunately, in my previous blog, THE PAULINE CAPTIVITY,  my memory went haywire and I went way off track. I “quoted” Paul as saying things he never said. I pulled an image from the Book of Revelation which was written long years after Paul was dead.

So, I have decided that it is probably time to hang it up and leave blogging to younger and sharper minds. I remember saying once that 85 year old men don’t write books and if they do, they shouldn’t. That also applies to blogs.

I am grateful to those of you who have hung in there with me in trying to keep the oppression of the Palestinian people before us.  That injustice continues and is even getting worse under Trump’s so-called leadership. 

Hopefully I can find other ways to add a little weight for the cause of peace through justice.


TOM

11 comments:

  1. Sorry to read you're 'hanging it all up' over a few words misquotes.!! ALAS too bad....your writings have been inspirational and your blog has been a helpful place to turn in these dark times...we grieve for the young Palestinians lost since the start of 2018....and your wisdom and insight will be sadly missed. Blessings and thanks for all you've shared...(pls pls consider "periodic" /intermittent writings instead of 'no more'...eh? /peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too echo Miriam's thoughtful words. Thank you Thomas for all you have contributed to analysis and sanity on behalf of a beleaguered people.

      Delete
  2. Very surprised--and sorry!--to hear this, Rev. Are. Your vision and writing are excellent. But all things end, as you know. You wrote, and you go GRACEFULLY. Thank you. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiration you have been to many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will always be present and respected as one who has always fought for justice for the Palestinian cause and there will be justice. It won't be tomorrow or next week but it will be there soon. And your outstanding contributions will be among those who made it happen. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your courage to speak out against the Zionist rhetoric and put forth the Palestinian cause is to be greatly admired and respected. I am grateful for all you have done and will very much miss your commentaries. Thank you for all you have done and for caring about the Palestinians.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I add apart from echoing all the above comments. My utter gratitude for all your efforts and pray that I will still hear from you whenever it suits. All the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tom,
    You don’t walk on water, my friend. We all make mistakes every now and then. Keep on doing what your doing. The Palestinians need us all. As a wise old British Prime Minister once said, “We shall never surrender!”
    Best regards,
    Chris Scott

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom, I truly hope you will keep writing even if not as frequently. I so much enjoy your articles and your wise and courageous counsel. And your viewpoint is so important in achieving peace in the middle east. Best to you. Ralph Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. Jawahar Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am fed, Spiritually, by your blog. JVP Atlanta is still protesting the inhumane treatment of Palestinians. I hope you not worry about being perfect before you post. A mistake just proves you are human! LOL

    ReplyDelete